Friday, June 5, 2009

The Parlor

This is the room that drives my mother nuts. She calls it the dust trap, but that was kind of the effect I was going for. This room is really CRAMMED with treasures.



The painting in the back left corner of the room was done by Josephine Meyers. It's copied from a Renoir painting, Girls in the Meadow. I always loved this painting, because my great grandmother and aunt both painted (large) copies, both of which hang in my grandmother's living room. Every time I went to her house as a little girl, I would stand in front of the paintings and just look at them. I love to have miniatures that are coppies of real-life things I love, because they have twice the meaning.
This davenport desk was built by Julian Biggers (the chair is Bespaq). It has so many secret drawers!
We're off to Sturbridge tomorrow, so hopefully I'll find another treasure or two, and lots of supplies (not that I really need any more supplies...)

3 comments:

  1. You can never have too many supplies, ;-)
    Very nice paintings (the one in front of the girl looks nice too). I think it's wonderful to add little things which are of value to you in your dollshouse.
    I notice a little orange tree in the room, are you a secret admirer of William of Orange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza, I have tagged you!
    I hope you're having a wonderful time in Sturbridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josje,
    The parlor orange tree was made by my mom. My grandmother has an orange tree in her living room all winter (in the summer it goes outside), so that's where the idea came from. It's funny, I'm just starting to realize how many miniatures are coppied from my grandparents' house...

    ReplyDelete