Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Books, and Help Please!

I've been trying to put together more books over the last few days. Here they all are. I need to press them all shut still, in my doll-sized flower press, so that they will actually fit in a bookcase without popping out.
Top row: Lover's Vows, Alice in Wonderland, Heidi,The Monk, Lady Windermere's Fan, A Simple Story
Bottom row: Buckle My Shoe, An Old Fashioned Girl, Ivanhoe, King Arthur, Line and Form (an art book), Robin Hood, and A Little Princess.

I need help thinking of more titles. I'm trying to concentrate on older titles, since I doubt that I'll ever do a modern dollhouse, but I confess that I know far more recent fantasy/scifi books than anything else. Since the books I've made so far will only fill a few inches of shelving, and my eventual goal is a readable miniature library, I'm going to need lots of titles. What are your favorite books?

8 comments:

  1. There is a great list of 100 books here for inspiration. They aren't all older one but any are


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is another good list :-)

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/4248401/100-novels-everyone-should-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've you thought of Conan Doyle, Andersen. Just two names to help you.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my favourite (older) books:
    -all of the books by Jane Austen,
    -Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
    -Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is addorable! What about an enclyopedia and other reference books?

    Thanks for your question on my blog. i will definitely answer it but if you need anything answered more quickly, don't hesitate to send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the great suggestions! Now I have lots to work on, so hopefully I'll be able to show more books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Esta haciendo una coleccion de libros envidiable, te quedan preciosos, enhorabuena!!!!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eliza, are you looking just for books for adult readers, or children books as well?
    I love making children books, mainly because of the illustrations. Think about Kate Greenaway, for instance.
    Anyway, there are many public libraries, university libraries with digital collections, where you can find complete books to reduce and print, etc. (I love making complete books in miniature).
    Take a look at the New York Public Library, for example (http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/explore/dgexplore.cfm?topic=all). Or this other: http://www.childrensbooksonline.org/library-translations.htm
    Hope you may find something interesting.
    Regards from Spain,
    Susana

    ReplyDelete